Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Sojourn to KL and Singapore

Early June, I told myself or wrote down in my now defunct, missing journal that I wanted to explore, find things, or maybe find or convince myself what I really wanted to do or where I wanted to be.

What I felt would answer that ultimate almost Julia Robert-esque like dilemma was to book flights back-to-back. And so I did, almost like an amazing race challenge, two countries, two weekends- Singapore and KL.

I knew it is what I needed, a break, to see other things and be done with what I had gone thru recently. Most of us say that road blocks get you off your path. But man, right before I actually left, I stumbled upon, (even fell) a pleasant, unexpected surpise...

Cut to Week 1, KL, no sleep, heading to Clark on a Saturday morning. Waiting for my bus to Clark was Kelvin, both of us dripping in sweat under the morning sun. Finally my bus arrives, with anxiety I left and safely arrived in KL.

I was pleasantly surprised how many tourists there were in KL, I actually waited in line (not patiently) for almost an hour before I got thru immigration.

Fast forward: Not much to do in KL unless you plan to shop in seemingly the same stores found in Manila. Supposedly what attracts all those tourists to KL is the eco-tourism (I shall talk about Borneo in a different post, having been there twice)

Petronas Towers: was a real sight to see and stare at, typical of any landmark of each country, not to be compared to Caloocan's Munomento, Petronas is indeed a marvel to look at, shown here it was surreal when u take a picture of it beautifully lit.

Nightlife in KL was a blast. Thanks to my friend Oniel and his slew of local friends, I had a blast. Let's be specific then- uhmm awesome lady boy, yes lady boy dj, your dedicated waiter who drinks before he serves your drinks and hell of a lot of vodka. To top it all of, a flight back home in less than 3 hours.

Check out www.maison.com.my for the club details

In case you want to check out the rest of clubs in KL here's a good site to visit http://www.clubbing9ine.com/

Put two and two together I was on my way to the airport DRUNK as hell. Never have I imagined in my life that I would get to drink two cups of mcdonalds' brewed steaming hot coffee in less than 10 minutes to give me back some normalcy.

I vaguely remember how I got thru everything all I know is when I got into the plane I was out of it. With that checked of my bucket list, I came straight back to reality and planned mu Singapore weekend.

To be continued


No comments: